Venting and Rambling.....

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Quality or Quantity When it Comes to Life??

In sociology class last night, my professor was talking about whether quality or quantity was more important in life. I think for life itself, quality is much more important. For instance... my mother's patient has been dealing with ALS for about a decade... they just pulled the plug on her now when she couldn't blink, speak, or move in any way shape or form for about 8 years now. Her quality of life sucked and she is better off now. Timmy on the other hand could still have a quality life... hopefully... he's been in acoma for a month today... and the longer hes out the more likely it is that he wont be waking up. In the case of a 21 year old... is 21 yeaars enough quantity to have true quality? The question is yours.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't even envision having quality without quantity! For I want both, and I think for one to be accomplished you must have the other. For no matter how great life can be it's not all that great if you can only have it in a small dose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home