Venting and Rambling.....

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Sacred Place of Peace


There is a place in my life where I can go to get away. A place where there is no fighting, no one else's problems just me. This place exists not far from my house. Surrounded by trees and a lake I am alone and at peace. I find myself running to this place quite frequently these days. Its full of memories of hard times and childhood friends. Memories of heart break, family issues, and a childhood playground, the girl next door, the guys next door, the kid down the street, and the one across the bay. Believe it or not these memories bring me happiness and help me to think of better times. It reminds me that life isn't always so hard. Everyone should have a place like this that they can go to to put their minds at ease. Do you have one?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sux that you have to run frequently to that place, but it's good to have a place like that. And you know that I like that place of yours too.
    It's funny that both you and solo are wondering about your own places.
    and here I am taking away ownership from you guys and claiming communality. Could it be because I don't have that island of my own and try to join yours?
    hmmm

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger One Lost Gnome said…

    ha... interesting how we all end up on this post.
    i wanted to say something wise about us all having our own islands, but ilya beat me to it :)

    but i'll take this opportunity to say that instantly when i saw the picture of those trees i remembered that one day of peace when we all escaped there after running around the mall all day looking for corporately compatible wear.

    thanks for that day. and the posts. keep it all coming

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home