Venting and Rambling.....

Friday, May 26, 2006

Flash Backs

I went to visit Tim yesterday. He was moved to another hospital. It just so happens that the hospital he was moved to, was the hospital that my aunt was in before she died.

I pull in to the parking lot and I hear my cousin telling me that we were just going to pick up cathy and go out to eat when I hear Ronnie say that there was a spot up ahead. I shake my head and pull in to the spot. Walking towards the building I'm playing on the curb as if it were a balance beam when Ronnie yells at me to hurry up and stop standing there doing nothing. I push my way through the rotating doors and stop. All of the feelings were so real, all of the thoughts so fresh, and I still hear andy in the background asking me what I wanted to eat... Charlie Browns? I would reply. anything you want.... Ronnie and I took the same elevators... went to the same floor... and looking at the bed there I see Aunt Nancy smiling at me and asking me what took so long. Kathy walks out of the bathroom and starts explaining Tim's rehab scheduele to me.

I went shopping that day. The last day. I went to the mall down the street and bought a halter top and my favorite jeans. That was almost 2 years ago and I remember it as if it were yesterday. I remember waking up to Cathy the next morning thinking, "what is she doing here? shouldn't she be at the hospital?" She was gone. Just like that, my Aunt Nancy was gone. "be strong" I would tell myself. And strong I was until I was alone.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loosen [url=http://www.greatinvoices.com]how to make an invoice[/url] software, inventory software and billing software to design gifted invoices in minute while tracking your customers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home