Venting and Rambling.....

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Summertime and the livin ain't easy....


AHHHHHHH summer... Hot days...warm sun...and.... sitting in an office at a desk staring at a computer all day...
What ever happened to the way summers used to be? Our childhood summers when it was a VACATION... not just another time to work full time at your part time job? I sit at my desk and look at my computer screen and I think to myself..."is this the closest I'm going to get to a wave for the rest of the summer?? It's practically over and I've been to the beach once and its passing me by. Summer used to consist of playing all day in the sun...going down to the Jersey shore...having no cares at all in the world and the most important thing on your mind was what you were going to wear the first day of school in a new grade... now it consists of working your ass off so that you can pay for school... books... and transportation to this school... What has this world come to? We used to work so we can live but now we live so we can work... well these were the thoughts running through my head as I passed all of the beach goers on my way to work this morning... Do those kids realize that all of the fun will be over soon? I sure didn't...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home